This part of Emmastad was built in the 1930’s by the Shell. In 2011 the client approached us with a request for a thorough renovation and restauration of the house. We approached the project as if it was a registered monument. When analyzing the house we were amazed by the full steel frame structure, even the battens of the roof were made of steel. Inspired by this steel structure (and the glass house by Philip Johnson) we designed the additions in a steel. The backyard was complete remodeled and now is a green room surrounded by the living area and the new pool area.